We just now obtained permission to run at Crystal. Our other options did not pan out. Fortunately, this will mark the end of alternating between Crystal and Thistle Hill for a while. We have a good plan in place for the remainder of the season that will provide some much needed diversity.
The sanction application was submitted earlier today. We will open registration soon. Stay tuned for that. We will announce it here as well.
A few things to ponder:
1) As stated above - the August event will be on the 18th at Crystal Motor Speedway. David Schilke will be our event chairman.
2) The weekend after that (25th-26th) OVR will be presenting the Great Lakes Division National Challenge. It will be held at the National Trail Raceway in Hebron, OH. Please support this event if you have no other plans for that weekend.
2.5) There will not be a Detroit Region RallyCross in September as we leave the month open to allow everyone to prepare for POR. Please support this event in any way possible. More competitors and more workers are always welcome. Even if you have only one day available - it is well worth it. POR will run on September 7th and 8th (in the evening). See details in various places on this site.
3) We have obtained the use of a new site! The I-96 Speedway. Bob Martin negotiated the deal and will be our event chairman. Thank you, Bob! This event will be on October 6th.
4) The November RallyCross will be on the 10th. This will be our ever-popular day/night event. We will run at Marshall and use the infield lights to help keep conditions under control. Mary Shilloff will be the event chair.
5) The season ender will be at Thistle Hill on December 8th. Jen Glass will be the event chair. After the event we will have a planning meeting for 2013 as well as appropriate closing ceremonies for the 2012 season.
Feel free to offer comments or feedback.
[ Edited Wed Aug 01, 2012 - 03:19PM ] Scott Team Harco Motorsports Win on Sunday, Sleep on Monday
I updated the RallyCross page to hopefully represent the new information. If there are any errors please let me know. 1994 Chevy Camaro Z28 #96-CP 2006 Chevy Malibu Maxx SS #96-RTF/GS 1989 Honda Civic CRX Si #96-STS ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 2012 Tom Hallock Award Recipient 2012 Detroit Region C Prepared Champion 2012 Great Lakes Division 2nd Place C Prepared Champion
Alex - good to see you back! Now there is a separate MR class, and it is usually pretty well attended. Should make for some good battles against the MR2. Jon Armstrong RallyX - 172 MF - 1993 Honda Civic Solo - 94 ES - 1988 Porsche 924S
My brown beater is back on the road, so there is a good chance i will be out there this Saturday.
It will be interesting driving the car without a dead cylinder and a bad second gear synchro. I also hope that my chassie repair stops the wheel from changing center between the drive out and the drive home.